2019 College Board Advanced Placement Exams
LFHS students enrolled in AP classes are prepared and encouraged to take the College Board Advanced Placement Exams administered in May. It is important to note that with qualifying AP Exam scores, students can earn college credit, advanced placement, or both at the majority of colleges and universities attended after high school graduation. The policy regarding issuance of college credit is determined ONLY by the college or university a student attends and will vary among institutions. AP scores are valid even if a student transfers colleges.
- College Board AP Exam testing dates at LFHS are May 6-10 and May 13-17, 2019.
- Online and on-site AP Exam registration begins February 4, 2019.
- The cost of each regular exam is $94.00.
- The cost of AP Seminar and AP Research Exams are $142.00.
- AP Exams have a $55 late fee applied after April 1st.
Exceptions to Online Registration
Please complete the following registrations with Mrs. Del Fava, LFHS Teaching & Learning Office (#108):
- Registration for students approved for testing accommodations by College Board.
- Registration for students approved for fee reductions by College Board.
- Registration for students that have been approved by College Board to take an alternate exam administered during the late testing period of May 22-24, 2019. The following situations qualify for alternate exam testing:
- A student that has two exams at the same time. No additional fees applied.
- A student with an illness that occurs prior to administration of the exam (doctor's note required). No additional fee applied. If a student is in school the day of the exam, he/she will be expected to take the exam.
- A student participating in a scheduled LFHS/IHSA Athletic or Academic contest at the same time of an exam. No additional fee applied.
- Other personal conflicts must be approved by College Board and the student will incur a $45.00 fee.
- Late registration will be available in April 2019. The exam fee increases to $149.00 or $197.00 (includes a College Board late fee of $55.00).
Registration forms are available from Mrs. Del Fava in the LFHS Teaching & Learning Office (#108) or download (links below).
Register & Pay for Multiple Exams
To register for more than one exam, select your first exam and click Add to Cart. Click Continue Shopping, and repeat the exam addition until all exams needed are in your Cart. Proceed through the checkout process to complete registration and payment.
For more information, please contact:
|Elizabeth Del Fava|
LFHS AP Coordinator
LFHS Main Office (#108)
1285 N McKinley Road, Lake Forest, IL 60045