2018 College Board Advanced Placement Exams
LFHS students enrolled in AP classes are prepared and encouraged to take the College Board Advanced Placement Exams administered in May. It is important to note that with qualifying AP Exam scores students can earn college credit, advanced placement, or both, at the majority of colleges and universities they attend after high school graduation. The policy regarding issuance of college credit is determined ONLY by the college or university a student attends and will vary among institutions. AP scores are valid even if a student transfers colleges.
- College Board AP Exam testing dates at LFHS are May 7-11, 2018 and May 14-18, 2018.
- Online and on-site AP Exam registration begins January 16, 2018.
- The cost of each regular exam is $94.00.
- The cost of AP Seminar and AP Research Exams are $142.00.
- Online registration will close March 2, 2018.
Exceptions to Online Registration
Please complete the following registrations with Mrs. Del Fava, LFHS Teaching & Learning Office #108:
- Registration for students approved for testing accommodations by College Board.
- Registration for students approved for fee reductions by College Board.
- Registration for students that have been approved by College Board to take an Alternate Exam administered during the late testing period of May 14-18, 2018. The following situations qualify for Alternate Exam testing:
- A student that has two exams at the same time. No additional fees applied.
- A student with an illness that occurs prior to administration of the exam (doctor's note required). No additional fee applied. If a student is in school the day of the exam, he/she will be expected to take the exam.
- A student participating in a scheduled LFHS/IHSA Athletic or Academic contest at the same time of an exam. No additional fee applied.
- Other personal conflicts must be approved by College Board and the student will incur a $45.00 fee.
- Late registration will be available from April 2-10, 2018. The exam fee increases to $149.00 (includes a College Board late fee of $55.00).
Registration forms are available from Mrs. Del Fava in LFHS Teaching & Learning Office #108 or download.
Purchase Multiple Exams
Begin your Online Registration below which allows you to register for multiple exams at one time. To register for more than one exam, select your first exam and add to your Cart. Click Continue Shopping, and add your second exam. Repeat until all exams you wish to register for are in your Cart, then proceed through the Checkout process.
For more information, please contact:
|Elizabeth Del Fava|
LHS AP Coordinator